Effective June 2021
We are committed to protecting your privacy. This includes protecting the personal information of all visitors who access this website or our services through any mobile application, platform or device (collectively, the “Services”).
We and Practi both process your personal data as data controllers, although we act independently of one another in so doing.
1. Information we collect from you and why
The personal information that We collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
(a) Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of the Services may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily, such as:
- Transaction information: We collect information relating to orders, including payment information (e.g. your credit card number) using the secure services of Our payment processors. Payment operations are outsourced to Our or Practi’s payment processors and neither We nor Practi store your credit card information in Our or Practi’s systems. We also collect delivery details (e.g. your physical address). We and Practi use transaction information to process your order and to send you an accurate bill, and We may also use this information to contact you where necessary. We may contact you by email or SMS to give you status updates or other information, or to resolve problems with your account or order. Where you pay for an order with a mobile payment or digital wallet service provider (such as Applepay or Pay with Google) We will send you transaction information by confirmation emails or SMS to the email address or phone number registered with that service provider (since this is required by those providers). If We use a third party delivery company, these companies may use your information to provide you with status updates on the delivery of your order. Practi carries out analysis on completed transactions and successfully delivered orders on the basis of data matching or statistical analysis so that it can administer, support, improve and develop the Services. Practi’s analysis also helps it detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities or acts prohibited by its Terms or any policies relevant to the Services.
- Information regarding your marketing preferences: We collect information about your preferences to receive marketing information when you subscribe or unsubscribe. This is to enable us to send you customised marketing about our products or services. We may market to you, where permitted by law, by email or SMS about our products or services. Where you have given your consent, we or Practi may share your information with third parties in other sectors (such as food, drink and entertainment) so that they can tell you about goods or services which may interest you. If you don’t want us to use your data in this way or generally change your mind about receiving any form of marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by amending your profile accordingly. You may also be able to opt-out of push notifications at a device level (e.g. by way of your iOS settings). If you choose to unsubscribe from our marketing, Practi will keep a record of your preferences so that We don’t bother you with unwanted marketing in future.
- Feedback: When you contact us, for example with a question, problem or comment, we collect information about you including your name and the content of your query. This is to enable us to reply to your question or query (and if necessary resolve any problems with your orders or with the Services). We will publish reviews you submit about Us or the Services. Practi may use this information to conduct analysis and research to improve and develop the Services. If you contact Practi’s customer services centre Practi will record and keep a record of your conversation for quality and training purposes and to aid in the resolution of your queries. Practi will also collect your personal information if you complete the surveys Practi may run to improve the Services.
- Sensitive Information: We collect information that you provide when you contact Us (e.g. by using Our online forms). This information may include sensitive personal information, such as health-related information (allergies or dietary requirements) or information about your religion (such as if you only eat halal food). We do not require this information but there are some situations where you may nonetheless provide this type of information (for example if you make a complaint), and in those circumstances We will only be collecting it with your consent.
(b) Information that we collect automatically
When you access the Services, Practi will collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in Europe, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws
- Activity information: Practi collects information about your use of the Services and information about you from the content you create and the notifications or messages you post or send as well as what you search for, look at and engage with. Practi analyses your buying habits and how you interact with the Services so that it can suggest food options from new restaurants it thinks you would like to try. If you choose to share your geo-location with Practi, this information will also help smooth the effective and speedy delivery of your order. Practi may also provide you with customised content and advertisements based on your previous interactions with the Services and Practi’s knowledge of your preferences which it understands from your usage and buying history relating to the Services. We enable you to access your order history so that you can easily reorder with Us. We may also collect information about your interaction with our emails and other forms of communication.
For further information about the types of cookies and similar technologies Practi uses, why, and how you can control such technologies, see the Practi Cookies Policy.
(c) Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, Practi may receive personal information about you from a third party or public sources (such as Google, Facebook, Amazon and other affiliates, including advertising networks), but only where it has checked that these third parties either have your consent to process the information or are otherwise legally permitted or required to share your personal information with Practi. This information may include your likely demographic group.
We and Practi process information that you provide voluntarily, information that Practi collects automatically, and information that Practi obtains from third party sources, in order to constantly improve the Services. Using this, We and Practi can make it even easier for you to find the food you want when you want it, no matter what device you choose to use or where you are in the world.
2. Who we share personal information with
In delivering the Services to you, depending on the circumstances, your personal information may be shared with the following entities:
- Practi may share your personal information with third parties who undertake various activities to promote and support the Services: this includes offshore customer support agents, website and application support and hosting providers, marketing service providers, eCRM partners like Salesforce who manage marketing emails and push notifications, companies like Twilio who send you text messages when your order is on its way, delivery companies who deliver your order to you, market research companies and payment processing providers which process payment card transactions. Any of these third parties might be inside or outside your country of residence.
- As mentioned above, Practi may share information with third parties (for example, in the food, drink and entertainment sectors) so that they can contact you about goods or services which may interest you. Practi will only share your information with these third parties where you have given your consent. If you don’t want Practi to use your personal information in this way or generally change your mind about receiving any form of marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by amending your profile accordingly. If you choose to unsubscribe from Practi’s marketing, Practi will keep a record of your preferences so that it doesn’t bother you with unwanted marketing in future.
- We or Practi may share your personal information with any law enforcement body, government agency, court or other third party where We or Practi (as applicable) believe disclosure is necessary: (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- We or Practi may share your personal information with any other person provided that you have given your consent to the disclosure. Neither Practi nor We will sell, distribute or lease your personal information unless Practi or We have your permission or are required by law to do so
3. Legal basis for processing personal information
The legal basis on which We and Practi use your personal information as described above will depend on the specific context in which We collect it.
The main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to fulfil the contract with you (i.e. to make sure you get your order when you want it). However, We and Practi will also use your personal information where it is in Our or Practi’s legitimate business interests to do so (but only if Our or Practi’s interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or your fundamental legal rights and freedoms). In some cases, We or Practi may have a legal obligation in respect of your personal information (e.g. in the event of legal proceedings) or We or Practi might need to process it or share it with others to “protect your vital interests” (i.e. to help save your life) or those of another person (e.g. in a case where an another person’s life is in danger).
If We ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, We will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (and We’ll also explain the possible consequences of you not providing it).
Similarly, We and Practi may use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party). Relevant legitimate interests include: (a) to market to you or make you offers that We believe will interest you; (b) in Practi’s case, to analyse and understand how the Services are used and so to improve them; (c) for both Us and Practi, for fraud prevention or prevention of other criminal acts; or (d) to keep Our or Practi’s systems secure.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which We collect or We or Practi use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
4. International data transfers
Practi may transfer your personal information to countries other than the country in which you are resident. Practi’s website servers are mainly located in the Republic of Ireland and Germany, however Practi’s group companies and third party service providers and partners operate in a number of countries, including Australia, Brazil, Bulgaria Canada, Colombia, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Mauritius, Mexico, Norway, New Zealand, the Philippines, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, and United Kingdom. This means that when We collect your personal information We may process it in any of these countries.
Practi and We both place great importance on keeping your personal information safe and secure. As such Practi and We put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures and industry standard technology to protect it from unauthorised access and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
These security measures are designed to provide a level of protection appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone and to use a unique password for the Services. We will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions entered into using your name and password.
6. Data retention
Practi will retain your personal information where it has an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, while you hold an account with Us or to enable Practi and Us to meet our legal, tax or accounting obligations).
If you object to the processing of certain categories of your personal information (including in relation to receiving marketing communications), Practi will retain a record of your objection to the processing of your information so that Practi and We can continue to respect your wishes.
Practi will destroy or permanently anonymise your personal information at the point that Practi and We no longer need to process it for their or our ongoing legitimate business needs or for any legal reason. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then Practi will securely store it and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. Your data protection rights
We and Practi respect your privacy and data protection rights. Below is a summary of your rights in respect of the personal information of yours which We and Practi handle:
- Practi provides you with the tools to access, review or update your personal information at any time through your account. If you wish to request deletion of your personal information, you can do so by contacting Practi using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask Practi to restrict processing of your personal information or request that it be ported to a third party. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting Practi using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications We send you at any time. You can exercise this right by using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by changing your marketing preferences in the preference centre in your account.
- Similarly, if We or Practi collect and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing We or Practi conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about Our or Practi’s collection and use of your personal information.
We or Practi will respond to all requests received from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
8. Links to third-party sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates or to any number of websites that may offer useful information to Our visitors. We provide these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the relevant website by Us or Practi. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that neither We nor Practi accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or those linked websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to such websites.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on Our and Practi’s privacy practices.
10. How to contact us
Practi Technologies Ltd
+44 20 3608 4840 firstname.lastname@example.org